Skip to content

Question about quick-save

Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
Is there any way to just have one quick-save file again instead of multiple ones? Thanks in advance =)

EDIT: Nvm.

Comments

• xVxxVx Member Posts: 17
    I want it, too!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'll never understand wanting just one save file for the quick-save slot. RPG 101 says to save early, save often, and in multiple save files. Having a quick, easy access to a rotation slot of saves is never a bad thing. Means you can go back further if things go wrong.

To each their own, I guess.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Put this file into your override. It should allow only for 1 quicksave slot.
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    @Pecca I found that earlier and am using it, but thank you regardless =)

@JumboWheat01 RPG 101 does indeed say to save early, save often, and in multiple save files. Which I always do, manually. My OCD tendencies compel me to keep my save files very organized, and constantly deleting the 3 extra quick-save slots is kind of a hassle (not a huge one, just enough to be annoying). And I quick-save like a beast. But I always make manual saves at times like a new chapter begins, I'm safe at an Inn, I'm getting ready to venture forth on a quest, etc. But like you said, to each their own. It's just a personal preference.
  • KwakenheimKwakenheim Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Pecca : it do not work, when a place the file in the override file, the game do not quicksave anymore at all .. even if it shows a message as quicksave succesfull in dialog box
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Kwakenheim Are you using a fan translation? I've seen a couple places on this forum somewhere that they can cause quicksave issues.
  • KwakenheimKwakenheim Member Posts: 4
    yes indeed i use a fan translation for french, but rather have translation than one quicksave ^^
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I have ruined so many full trilogy runs in SOA by accidentally despawning key items and not having a backup save. :blush: