Skip to content

char voice files

imported my gnome FMT from icewind dale with few problems. Lost the portrait, but that is minor. However I was ratehr attached to the voice files he had in IWD. They really matched the char.

How do I go about transfering them from iwd folder to bg2. AM total nuub on this sort of thing (

cheers)

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    First of all, don't import/export between the two games, it will cause problems I've heard. But if it works for you, go on.

You can't transfer them IIRC, but there was a mod converter for Baldur's gate and IWD, I have it installed but I need to reinstall because nothing works with new updates. Can't recall the name, but Google it or ask @subtledoctor who knows pretty Much everything about everything.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2016
    arent char sound files in a .wav or something, format and obvious to spot, or they rolled into more generic format, which has other info in there too(not just audio stuff)?

Ive had zero probelms importing from iwd, except my fav voice files.

SO was hoping i could just cut/paste (voice)files over....just dunno which type they are.
  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    With default installation directories.....
    Move the sounds from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition\Data\00798\lang\en_US\sounds

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\lang\en_US\sounds

Ideally, just the 21 wavs for the soundset you want to use.
    There will be some duplicates if you just move the whole lot over, but that isn't the end of the world.

Be aware that you'll need to shift these files after every update, because updating seems to clean up any custom files. The most annoying part of updating. Ever.