Skip to content

Should the Wizard Slayer have a way to bypass or dispel combat protection spells?

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I think this would solve two problems. One, the WS is gimp. Two, the biggest annoyance in BG for me is that every mage is fully loaded with more contingencies and sequencers than seem possible giving them Stoneskin, Protection from Magical (or normal) Weapons, and others.

I'd like to see one of four things happen. In no particular order:

1) The WS's attacks bypass combat protection spells.
2) The WS's attacks have a chance to bypass combat protection spells.
3) The WS has a special attack (limited uses/day) that bypasses combat protection spells.
4) The WS has a special attack (limited uses/day) that dispels combat protection spells.

Comments

• Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    This is a excellent suggestion in my opinion. The Wizard Slayer is one of the weakest kits due to it's strict restrictions. Furthermore, all of the Wizard Slayer's existing abilities apply only on hit, even though properly protected mages are extremely difficult to hit. Your idea both maintains the flavor of the kit while being a reasonable balancing mechanic.

The only concern that I have is that this new ability will allow for further exploitation of the thief HLA Use Any Item. This is a product of the poorly balanced HLA and not your suggestion however.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    That's a really good point. One common complaint about the WS is that if a wizard is actually taking hits, they aren't long for this world, anyway.