Skip to content

Charm person and AI scripts

DangerousWhelpDangerousWhelp Member Posts: 6
edited June 2016 in Troubleshooting
Most of the AI scripts in this game seem to be working against me...
After fighting the nymphs at the lighthouse, I noticed that if someone in my party has been charmed, other party members will continue to attack that person even after the charm spell has expired. The only way to make them stop trying to kill their team mate is turning off AI or changing the script to something else.

I also have to ask, which of the AI scripts is the closest approximation of the original BG party behaviour? I've never had issues with party AI in the original games, but in EE it's just an excercise in frustration.
The fancier scripts (aggressive mage, cleric, etc.) are a joke, since it causes characters to throw fireballs and such at lone kobolds/dogs/whatever directly at their feet, but even the "passive" scripts are annoying. Fighter/cleric with 19 strength insisting on using his sling only instead of using his war hammer +2? Seems legit.

Also, all of the "fighter" type scripts don't seem to allow for manual weapon switching. Kagain fighting some skeletons? He auto-switches back to his axe, despite me manually selecting his flail +1.

So which of the scripts works most like the original game? I.e. party members defending themselves, while NOT casting spells by themselves and respecting manual weapon selection by the player?

EDIT: figured it out, "CUSTOM(DEFAULT)" seems to be like the behaviour in the original game, haven't tested if it avoids the post-charm teamkills though.
Post edited by DangerousWhelp on