Skip to content

Romance continuity from SoD to BG2?

If a PC is romancing a NPC in SoD, and that NPC continues in BG2EE, does BG2EE take into account the earlier romance? That is, if my PC is romancing Neera or Rasaad in BG1 and SoD, does that affect the course of those relationships in BG2?

If this *is* the case, how do I check this in EEkeeper (what is the relevant variable)?

I ask this because I noticed that the items that I had in SoD that were *supposed* to transfer to BG2 did *not*. (I figured out how to transfer them via EEKeeper by entering the relevant variables into a saved game. This happened with version 2.1, so it may be fixed now. Also, I use a mac.)

Thanks!

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited June 2016
    SoD romances are not taken into account (afaik), but the game imports relevant variables from the BG1 part, so that romances don't have to start from zero in BG2.

A number of items are also transferred, but they are scattered all over the game.

Look for the variables BD_HAVE_SOD (for the items), NEERA_ROMANCE (or similar names for romances), and possibly some achievements (variables starting with "ACH_").
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    @argent77 : thanks.

I'm surprised that the SoD romances for new EE companions have no affect on BG2. (I can understand why they can't change the original companions, though that would affect only Viconia.)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    from what i hear. viconia's is more a friendship that at the end has hints of a romace so the one in bg2 does not come out of nowhere.

i see sod romances [mostly the ee characters] being added in a patch later.