Skip to content

Missing CHAR biography after SOD import (Also starting exp question)

JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
So I finally finished SOD for the first time and decided to immediately import my save to BG2EE.

The new import function worked great, even thou the game actually didn't ask me to customise my CHAR and I had to do it manually after the opening dialogue. However I've noticed my CHAR's biography dissapeared and instead was replaced by portion of Haer'Dalis's biography (hate that guy). Not sure I am the only one with this kind of experience or if this is a common bug for CHARNAME's biography to dissapear or randomly change after import...

On another topic, my CHARNAME started with 520,111 exp. even thou in my import save from SOD he had only 500,000 exp. Is this supposed to happen? I have only the vanilla BG1EE and BG2EE installed, latest patch, no mods.

Comments

• JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    Another bug... My Journal is not being updated. The Quest section is, but the Journal section is completely empty. I keep getting the Journal pop-ups with the correct text, but nothing appears in the actual Journal. Also even thou the Quests are being updated, I don't always get the correct Date and Hour, instead I just get "No Objective Text".

Also when I add Custom Waypoints to the Map, it completely messes up the original ones, i.e. changes their descriptions randomly...

I finish BG2EE couple of times before and didn't have any of these problems. Don't know if its the new patch or the SOD import, but its starting to piss me off...
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    Sorry to hear about these problems, I can't find mentions of similar issues previously. I am moving this thread to the troubleshooting forum. If you could attach a save game folder in a .zip file to a reply here that would be helpful.

I think on the XP issue it might be the XP from the final battle. If you were maxed out at 500K in SoD, then imported to Bg2 where the cap is higher then that final XP can be awarded.
    Thx! I look into the save file. Luckily none of the bugs are really game breaking, they're just annoying. And I don't get why I have them, cause in all my previous playthroughs of BG2EE I had a bug free game. But all of my plays were before the big patch changing the journal/map/graphics,etc., so that's probably the cause... :/

Hmm... I was maxed out before the final battle in SOD and imported my save from after the final battle, so I guess it is possible that after import to BG2 I got the additional XP, but then I don't understand what is the point of XP cap if you're gonna get the XP anyway after import?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 709
    I get the same problems with the journal (though inconsistently) and with custom waypoints. The waypoints on the map are fine until you change them at all and then they whack out. I believe the journal issue is a known bug already, but I'm not sure about the other 2.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    JCDenton said:

Thx! I look into the save file. Luckily none of the bugs are really game breaking, they're just annoying. And I don't get why I have them, cause in all my previous playthroughs of BG2EE I had a bug free game. But all of my plays were before the big patch changing the journal/map/graphics,etc., so that's probably the cause... :/

Hmm... I was maxed out before the final battle in SOD and imported my save from after the final battle, so I guess it is possible that after import to BG2 I got the additional XP, but then I don't understand what is the point of XP cap if you're gonna get the XP anyway after import?

The XP cap is still maintained within the game for balance. In the next game when you import a few thousand points won't matter.
    True. But it still confused me a bit. With a game that has as many bugs as this one, I'm extremely suspicious of every single small thing...