Skip to content

How Do I uninstall BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE?

Hi as the title suggests I am having difficulty uninstalling either of the games. I installed them using the beamdog client, When the problem started I had opened the beamdog client and there was new updates available for the games so i started installing the updates, however my computer crashed part way through the update process. Upon restarting my computer I was unable to start beamdog client have tried many many times over last couple days to no success. Naturally I assume the best course of action is to uninstall/reinstall the games. However that's where the problem is. When you use the beamdog client to install the games, you can uninstall/reinstall them in the beamdog client and that seems to be the only place you can do so, however my beamdog client wont start, and the games cant be found in "Uninstall Program" due to using the beamdog client to install them i assume. I have already attempted uninstalling/reinstalling the beamdogclient and it was unsuccessful(still wont start) My computers operating system in Windows 7. Does anyone know what I can do to uninstall these games? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    Tricky... I'd post this in the support forum if I were you.

First thing that comes to mind is try to download the installers, outside of the client, and try to do a fix/install from there (I haven't the client installed btw). If that doesn't work... start deleting all installation files and registry entries manually, then try installing, again, not from the client...
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    All you should need to do is to uninstall the Beamdog client, delete any files/folders under here: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games or wherever they are installed. There aren't any registry entries or anything else to clean up. Here is the link to download the latest Beamdog client: https://beamdog.com/files/BeamDogSetup.exe just reinstall it then you should be able to reinstall the games.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    edited June 2016

Ok thanks everyone seems to have worked and games are installing again at the moment :)