Skip to content

Classes dualing options (Invoker into Cleric)

Is this any good?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I would normally dual to a mage class since I prefer the mage high level spells and HLA's instead of the cleric's. Cleric plays an excellent supporting role in self-buffs. However, clerics level faster so you would recover your first class sooner than dualling to mage.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Cleric/Mage duals are one of the few (if not ONLY) duals that I feel is weaker than the straight multi-class, since you're sacrificing one casting for another.

When are you planning to dual? In the first game or the second game? Like @mf2112, I'd recommend cleric at first, if because they are sturdier and more survivable throughout the first Baldur's Gate game, what with the ability to wear heavy armor and the like. And cleric kits can be quite handy to have. Tyr's debuff purge ability can help your party out a lot, or Helm's True Sight frees up spell slots by having that as an ability. Talos' Stormshield can help your now mage survive after you get it back but before you manage to snag some Elven Chainmail.

Plus I usually say nay to Invokers. I love the School of Enchantment. Its crowd control is so nice to have.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Yes, it might. You'd be a full time cleric with access to magic missiles, acid arrows and fireballs. Better than single class cleric and you can wear elven chain gor protection. I suggest level 9 because it takes a lot of xp to take a priest past level 10 and you might miss most of the fun.