Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Error installing SCS (not SoD-related)

pvddrpvddr Member, Array Posts: 29
edited June 2016 in General Modding
Hey everyone,

I found a SCS version 30 I could download, but I'm having an error every time I try to install it. I can install the program, but when I'm choosing components I get an error with the "Initialise mod". I saw a hotfix for SoD, but I do not use SoD or the new version of BG2 - I play with BG2EE V 1.3.2064 (I didn't like the new interface so I reverted to the old version). I used to have SCS and it used to work so I'm not sure what is causing it - did I download a different version of SCS? Do I need to find an older version somehow? If I google the problem I get some hits that direct me to the Gibberlings3 forum but that's down so I can't even see if they have a way to fix it. One of the hits directs to this forum but it's just the person saying "Ah nevermind I reinstalled everything and it worked" and that did not work for me.

This is the error I get:

MSECTYPE.2DA [SpellShield] already present! Skipping!

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: cannot convert spellshieldheader_0 or %spellshieldheader_0% to an integer
ERROR: [spwi519.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I have other mods (Dungeon begone, unfinished business, tweaks) but I tried deleting everything and installing BGII again and even when SCS was the only mod I got the same error... I've basically reinstalled everything multiple times already and I always get the exact same error.

Does anyone know what is causing this?