Skip to content

Fog of War - ''Turn it Off'' Command

IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
As I haven't seen such a topic already I'd like to ask for adding a console command (or some "post endgame" option if that's not a problem) to remove the grey fog of war from the actual display. After finishing the game at least dozens of times one of the few things that bothered me a lot during my subsequent gameplays has been unability to see the whole screen area on the bigest resolutions (especially while playing the solo character), which had been especially frustrating for me while making screenshots of the areas or getting to the NPC's that should happen to appear somewhere where they not belong to. Obviously I know that everything depends on the complexity of the issue and eventual contractual limitations.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There is a cheat command: ExploreArea()
  • IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2012
    @Avener_teambg Yes, there is, but it only marks the area as explored (i.e. removes the black veil from the map) while the grey Fog of War remains untouched by it. I realise that it could have been a serious impact for the hardware in the past, but nowadays I find it a good (as long as that is not a problematic technical issue) idea to let some a bit more hardened players dispose of the FoW , especially while making it through the next nth gameplay.
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    I'm sure there are players who would appreciate that idea, I'm also certain it won't be a technical issue since the game doesn't require high-end graphical performance. I wouldn't use the option myself as I like to not know 'what's round the corner', but it would certainly be useful in creating snapshots in higher resolutions!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Good idea.It doesn't even have to be implemented in game. Just a clua console code or a modifcation to the ini file would be fine.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    /agreed. Good idea as an option. Personally I wouldn't use it as I enjoy having a scout who finds the enemies. But let's be honest. FoW is not really an issue on your Xth playthrough because you are going to be able to lob those fireballs at the shadow and know you are going to hit your enemies with it.