Skip to content

BUG (BGEE 2.3.67.2 GoG): Unlisted, non-remappable key bindings

psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
(NOTE: I originally posted this report in the BGEE sub-forum because I overlooked Troubleshooting)

Since the 2.0 update there seem to be some unlisted key bindings that are making it impossible to re-bind certain keys. You can try to re-map them, but on the binding list they won't show the key you actually chose. However when you return to the game and mouseover the function you just bound it WILL show what you picked - but it might not actually work. An example:

Page Up makes the log window bigger by default and Page Down makes it smaller. These functions aren't listed anywhere among the key bindings on the Assign Keys screen. When I try mapping Page Down to Inventory it shows "N" instead of "Page Down" as the bound key. However, when I mouse over the Inventory button in-game it says "Page Down - Inventory" but Page Down still only makes the log window smaller.

Certain other keys will re-bind even when it doesn't display the correct key in Assign Keys. For example, you can assign something to the Right Arrow and the Assign Keys binding will say "O" but in-game the button is properly labeled "Right - [button function]" on mouseover and actually performs the function you assigned it.

I'm almost certain that the original Baldur's Gate had some of these same issues. Being left-handed I couldn't really enjoy the game back in the day, which is why I was so happy when someone told me the Enhanced version had fixed this problem. Yet somehow..here we are again :( We need to see all the keyboard functions shown on the Assign Keys screen and it should be possible to remap all of them except maybe a console key or ESC. To be honest, I don't understand why we can't have CTRL+[key] combos as well but I'd be happy just to get back what I had in the previous version of BGEE.

One other possible issue: although I've installed setup_baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition_2.4.0.6.exe the game says its v.2.3.67.2.