Skip to content

[BUG] Interface downgrades in 2.x from 1.x!

EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
Greetings, all!

-In BGEE 1.x, I could push ESC to exit the shop interface. This I can't do in 2.3. Please fix this. (I can also no longer push ESC to close the 'see what items are in this ground pile or in this container window.') Such meant a [i]lot[/i] to me!

-Also, I could push enter to overwrite a save. I want that back.

-When visiting an inn, the cheapest room was auto-selected by default. Again, pweath fix.
Post edited by Endarire on
jackjack

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The loss of these functions is somewhat baffling. What was the reasoning behind these little but aggravating changes?
    I know mine is an esoteric situation, but I use a 11 button mouse and have one mapped to the enter key. Sounds silly, but over time it's nice not to have to point and click every single thing. Also a pain when selling gems and scrolls out of containers. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is an issue.
    Overall, I really do enjoy the new interface, especially the changes to the character record. But the seemingly arbitrary loss of the use of the escape and enter keys in certain windows makes no sense to me.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    I'd guess this ui screens were rewritten from scratch, and there keyboard events were just forgotten to be implemented again, maybe not even noticed they were there in the old code.

I'd like to have this back as well - anyone made a redmine bug report? Chances are far better to get this back then.
  • KampfKaninchenKampfKaninchen Member Posts: 139
    This has been pointed out since the 2.0beta, if I'm not totally mistaken. There's no way they are not aware of this.

Time and time again, it's quite fascinating how they add QoL improvements like the ability to have a shield and a 2h-weapon equipped, but then they troll you by removing keyboard-input. ;)
    jackjack
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    It doesn't look like a simple oversight to me. From what I can tell from the UI code, all menus/windows can be closed with escape by default. It is only after a certain line ("ignoreesc") is deliberately added into the code, the escape key doesn't function. This line is in many places I would not expect it to be (as the examples above), so my guess would be that it prevents some unwanted behavior introduced in v2.0.
    Mr2150KampfKaninchenmf2112jackjack