Skip to content

Extract boar resources?

Does anyone know what the files for boars are, and how to export those creatures for use in regular BGEE? I want to use them for pigs there. And to Beamdog: would you allow this?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    I take it that you want to export the creature animation files? It's rather simple since game patch v2.0.
    1. Open the file ANIMATE.IDS with Near Infinity and look for the boar animation entry (there should be two).
    2. Use the associated hex value (without '0x' prefix) and open the INI file of same name (e.g. E27F.INI for BOAR_WILD).
    3. Look for the "resref" entry in the INI file. It should define a short string value of 4 letters (e.g. "MBOA").
    4. Search for every BAM file starting with the resref value from the INI file. All of these files make up the whole creature animation.
    It's not as simple to make a new creature out of it, though. Aside from modifying numerous animation files you'd have to find a new free animation slot, add it to ANIMATE.IDS, create a new INI file which defines your creature properties and create your CRE file(s) with the new animation.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Thank you. I'll try this if I can get other people to help with my mod idea.