Skip to content

Just some Questions

1. Do you think it has been long enough since the games were relesed for me to reinstall my mods and not have to worry about a patch for a while?
2. I have heard their is a transgender character in Siege of Dragonspear. I am not against transgender people (although I do think it would be inaccurate for Medieval times) I am just curious as to whether this is true. Without too many spoilers (as I have not reached SOD in my new complete playthrough, though I am nearly there and excited for what awaits) what is the nature of this character? Is it one of the new party members? Is it an already pre-established character? Or is it an NPC that plays some minor or major role in the game?
3. Have there been any SOD specific mods and why isn't G3 online atm?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    edited July 2016

1. Do you think it has been long enough since the games were relesed for me to reinstall my mods and not have to worry about a patch for a while?

The next (major) patch is probably quite some time away.

2. I have heard their is a transgender character in Siege of Dragonspear. I am not against transgender people (although I do think it would be inaccurate for Medieval times) I am just curious as to whether this is true. Without too many spoilers (as I have not reached SOD in my new complete playthrough, though I am nearly there and excited for what awaits) what is the nature of this character? Is it one of the new party members? Is it an already pre-established character? Or is it an NPC that plays some minor or major role in the game?

It's not a big thing in any way. Very minor overall, almost more of a side note. Though people have complained that it's delivered in a bit of a ham-fisted way.

3. Have there been any SOD specific mods and why isn't G3 online atm?

G3 has been offline for quite a while now, it's unclear what is happening. I'm sure there are SOD-specific mods of some kind. Check the mod subforum.

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    1) Depends on which version you are playing - the earlier versions are quite stable and work well with mods; the newest patch 2.3 adds everything that is in the other EE - like advanced AI and other features like creating your own party in the main game etc. It is quite stable so far (meaning I haven't encountered any bug yet in this playthrough) but not all mods are compatible - but this is my own experience - I can't get scs v4 to work as of yet but things like tweaks and other mods work - of course what works and doesn't depends on your mods that you add.

2) It is such a minor thing and totally optional - its just so odd - but you asked for no spoilers so I won't say any more.

3) not yet as it is a new game plus as the another post said G3 is down at the moment so no updates on any mods that they are working on. I imagine if you google mods for SoD there will be someone who is working on one somewhere.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2016

(although I do think it would be inaccurate for Medieval times)

Actually, it was pretty common. But Toril is another world, not "medieval times". And the character in SoD may not even be transgender.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, I completely missed the supposed transgender thing when I played through. Not even sure who it was supposed to be.