Skip to content

A tribute to the beauty of this game

You know, I don't care about RPG advancement, options, good kits and bad kits, I don't care about plots. Sure, it's still a childish pastime. Twenty years later, I don't even care about being a wizard; and boy, did I ever back then. But it's still F-ng beautiful all the way - from the Gnoll fortress overgrown with vine to this simple dead tree on the Nashkel Mines map.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Still looking beautiful all these years later.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I've im not mistaken basically every map is "painted" so that might be the reason why everything still looks nice with its intricate detail because the artist touch can make it look that much better, and I agree with you, I still enjoy the artful areas in BG
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @chimeric

Couldn't agree more.

The game is beautiful and the care lavished on it is a thing of pure joy to me. One of my favourite areas are those where woods/trees give way to meadows of flowers, completely stunning. And then the sounds and animals/birds.

BG2 is severely lacking IMO because you don't have to travel across maps.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you know that vin diesel played the voice for the iron giant?
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    To be honest, the flashier screens don't impress me much. BG2 had a lot of flashy places, most of them in bad taste like its interface... And then, it was broken up and a lot of it quest-locked. @UnderstandMouseMagic is right, it takes an understanding to appreciate SPACE. This is why I don't like it when modders cram every area they can with NPC and encounters. Whose idea was it put a basilisk and a petrified woman on the Beregost Temple map? Or Morninglords all over the town? I had to do a lot of uninstalling after my initial excitement, but some things didn't go away. But I digress.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @sarevok57
    Yes, I did know :tongue: