Skip to content

Any way to prevent NPCs to cast spells on their own?

So I just completed the BG1/BG2 series. I just went through BG1 all over again and now started SoD. So far, some of my party members decide to cast spells on their own (often times wasting it at the wrong moment like Viconia wasting the Armor buff spell right after I kill a pack of weak skeletons). I can't find where to turn it off. Is it a ''new feature'' that I can't get rid of or I'm missing something? I clicked the lantern at the bottom right of the screen to disable party AI thinking it might be that but apparently it isn't.

Comments

• NeoNeo Member Posts: 127
    Hm.. it might have been the Flaming Fist healer that cast it this time. Was the Party AI thing what I just had to uncheck?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Use the 'Customize' button on the character screen and go into 'Scripts'. Turn off the 'Use Offensive Spells' and 'Use Defensive Spells' options if it's the default script or turn scripts off entirely.
  • NeoNeo Member Posts: 127
    Alright, thanks!
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by LoveViconia on
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Neo: By far the best way to deal with the AI is to turn it off entirely.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Well the new advance AI is pretty fun ^^ I love the configuration options.
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    Bubbles said:

Well the new advance AI is pretty fun ^^ I love the configuration options.

YUUUUP

only thing that sucks is when the script is randomly removed and set to None.

Obvious when the NPC is standing around like a dullard in combat.

I just wish I could set a DONT CAST AOE SPELLS so Edwin doesnt run out of missles and decide to go Ham with a fireball. Usually why I just stick to wands for those spells and turn the spell AI off late game when I start doing skull traps.

if you could set WHICH lvl class spells the mage will AI cast and don't cast. THAT would be pretty beast now.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Having party members automatically cast long-duration spells like stoneskin and iron skins, and then automatically recast them once those spells expire, is a great feature and well worth the pain of an occasionally mis-cast magic missile (especially since you can essentially rest at-will in this game). But it is good that people who don't like AI have the option to turn it off.