Skip to content

Spider Cave and M'Khiin

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
Ok so I've looked up the small number of guides and onnthos forum and I couldn't see anything. This may have already been discussed but I seem to be hitting a dead end with a sequence in the Spider Cave in the Forest of Wyrms.

Essential, I defeated all the spiders and the rhino beetle and then discovered a small item cache in the north eastern room. When I click on it M'Khiin interupts and says the armour is no good but the axe is(there is no axe and the armour is actually goblin leather +2 which is better, the decription does mention it being slighty digested) she then attempts to call the goblin spirits, the screen changes into a cutscene effect pf M'khiin performing some sort of quick spell and then...back to normal. No goblin spirits of anything.

What's supposed to happen here? Does it only trigger if it's before the beetle emergence?

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Has anybody else actually seen this behaviour?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't remember her calling anything in those caves, just getting the armor.
    Interesting. I'll take a picture with the save Inleft just before it. I've dug up 3 different manuals and nobody seems to mention it.
    edited July 2016
    Ok so this is the sequence I see in the spider lair. Wondering if this should make its way over to bug reporting. Sorry for the horrendous picture but its much easier to do this from my phone than laptop.

Area where it happens

M'khliins dialogue upon selecting the cache

Dialouge choices

further dialogue choices

cutscene begins

spirit magic begins

actual items in cache
    Seems about right. you got the armor.
    Yea getting the armours alright I'm fine with that. What I'm confused about is the dialogue mentioning the summoning of goblin spirits and an 'looks alright' non existent axe.

Also as I can't see anybody else with this I'm wondering if it's suppose to happen.
    I recall getting an axe from it. It's hard to tell from the images (a bit blurry) but I think you're seeing intended sequences.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    Don't she get it in the warren?
    So calling forth goblin spirits is simply to get the equipment(goblin armour)? i shouldnt expect any spectral goblins are nothing?

Weird but ok I can live with it.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I imagine this was deleted content that wasn't quite deleted.

I imagine the original idea was that the stash would not have been detectable until after M'kiin had spoken to the spirits, and originally it would have only contained goblin gear. I imagine it was changed because there was already a similar quest, and there was already plenty going on in the spider cave.