Skip to content

Return from HoW world

rakoorakoo Member Posts: 5
Hello.

I have incidentally talked with Hjollder and he has teleported my party to the Heart of Winter. I've also overwritten my save.
After visiting the castle with himeras I've realized that there is something wrong.

Is it possible to return to the Icewind Dale world? I have tried with console command MoveToArea but it only teleported my characters to Kuldahar. The world map still shows HoW locations. I've also tried to change the chapter in global variables, but it didn't work for me.

Does anybody know how to edit "Current Area" / "Current World" variables? I don't see such variables in EE Keeper.

Any other ideas?
Post edited by rakoo on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    You could try to enter the following two commands into the debug console:
    C:Eval('SetGlobal("Exp_Pause","GLOBAL",1)') C:Eval('StartCutScene("BCtoKU")')
    It triggers the teleportation sequence back to Kuldahar. You should make a save beforehand though, as it might cause trouble when you try to teleport back to Lonelywood.
  • rakoorakoo Member Posts: 5
    argent77 said:

You could try to enter the following two commands into the debug console:
    C:Eval('SetGlobal("Exp_Pause","GLOBAL",1)') C:Eval('StartCutScene("BCtoKU")')
    It triggers the teleportation sequence back to Kuldahar. You should make a save beforehand though, as it might cause trouble when you try to teleport back to Lonelywood.

It helped! Thank you very much :smile:

Is there any complete ID/BG2 API documentation? I'm a bit interested about the rest of functions.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited July 2016
    You can get an overview of script actions from this page. That list is a bit outdated though. The latest patches of the Enhanced Editions are supporting even more actions. All of these actions can be executed directly in the debug console via C:Eval('script_action(params)').

A good tool for inspecting or tinkering with game resources is Near Infinity.
    Near Infinity looks awesome. Now I can try to introduce my own modifications.

Thank you :)
    edited July 2016
    Hi again.

I've created a mod that adds a NPC which is able to teleport party to Kuldahar ;)

https://github.com/micrak/IEMods

Btw. the tools for IE are really advanced. Big credits for community :)