Skip to content

Wild surges and Spell Trap

LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
While casting a spell in ToB, my wild mage triggered a surge and rolled Sex Change. After checking on his character sheet, I noticed he appeared to be unaffected. If I'm not mistaken, this wild surge should have changed the reference Male to Female, and possibly also alter the doll.
Is it possible that this surge has been nullified by an active Spell Trap?

Edit: I'm playing on iPad, so unmodded game without v2.x

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    If the wild surge is considered a spell, I'd say it's very well possible. However, I have no real knowledge of the technical, in-game side of wild magic.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2016
    Wild surge effects were bugged in older versions of the game, most doing nothing or different things. If your version is 1.3, the latest on Ipad, they should work normally. I experienced lots of gender bending on my Ipad v1.3. Some wild surge effects may be subject to spell turning, trap, etc. so that may be the cause in your experience.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    I love wild surge ^^. Some of them can be real funny in a life and death fight ^^.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Bubbles said:

I love wild surge ^^. Some of them can be real funny in a life and death fight ^^.

Agreed. I had great fun in a multi-player no-reload session with a wild mage yesterday - despite the session finishing with me being killed by a burst surge :smile:
    https://forum.bioware.com/topic/124374-baldurs-gate-1-no-reload-challenge/?p=20409169