Skip to content

Animation Missing Plz Help

ProbeProbe Member Posts: 80
I want to add new animations to BGEE

I did all by tutorials and totally confused why it not working

What i did

1) Took "Werewolf Great" ams as example (coz i laso need simple creature bams)

Edited 4 Bams:

MGWEG1.bam --> XYAAG1.bam
MGWEG1e.bam --> XYAAG1e.bam
MGWEG2.bam --> XYAAG2.bam
MGWEG2e.bam --> XYAAG2e.bam

(I check bams - they worked perfect ingame)

2) Add "0x7E02 XYAA" to Animate.ids

3) 32258 0 1 1 0 0 0 47 0 0 NONE NONE NONE 8 5 XYAA NONE 0 0 NONE

To EXTANIM.2DA

4) 32258 8

To EXTSPEED.2DA

Now in EEKeeper i choosing XYAA animtaion - and in-game it hust empty circle :(

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    I've never used EXTANIM.2DA/EXTSPEED.2DA for registering new animations. Instead, INI files are a much more convenient way for defining creature animations. For the greater werewolf animation you can use 7E01.INI as template and modify it to your needs. You'll probably only have to replace the "resref" definition.

I have created a simple WeiDU library for installing new creature animations just recently. You can find it in this thread. You could give it a try.
  • ProbeProbe Member Posts: 80
    Can u explain "ini" trick more widelY? Never heard of it
    It's not a trick. INI files are another way to define creature animations. They are available for the Enhanced Editions only since patch v1.4 (IWDEE) or v2.0 (BGEE and BG2EE). You can inspect them with Near Infinity.
    And how to run your animation_slots.tph ?
    edited July 2016
    argent77 said:

For the greater werewolf animation you can use 7E01.INI

And when i edited it, how to name new ini?
    Add the library in your mod and include it with the INCLUDE statement in your TP2 file, like this:
    INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/lib/animation_slots.tph~(or wherever you've placed it.)

The new animation slot number from ANIMATE.IDS defines the INI filename.

The example script provided with the library should help you to install your animation. From the example:
    // Installing INI containing creature animation definitions COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/animations/my_new_animation/7xxx.ini~ ~override/%hexNumber%.ini~This line assumes that your ini file is called "7xxx.ini" which is located in the mod's subfolder "animations/my_new_animation/". It is copied into the override folder of the game and renamed to the content of the variable "%hexNumber%" (e.g. 7E02.INI).
    Oh seems i didnt understand a thing.. What "mod folder"? Where i should pace it in game folder?
    Can u PLEASE expain from scratch?..

I have 4 bams i want to use for my character, what i need to do?

I sorry to ask such dumb question, and will understand if u ignore me.

But will be super gratefull if u ll explain.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    There are several tutorials on gibberlings3.net and Spellhold Studios for weidu that explain things like mod folder
    Will be grateful for link..

All tutorials i find was outdated (EE 1.3) or for BGT
    edited July 2016
    So i made

0x7E02 XYAA in animate.ids
    and make 7E02.ini with refs i need

still empty circle :(
    I am sure the problrm in offset

0x7E02

I tried 100500 offsets but still cant find which will work
    I cant undestand..

I took 0x7F63 offset for example

IT isnt use any animation

however when i set it ti use mine - ingame it mouse animation...
    edited July 2016
    Tutorials about how to write WeiDU mods can be universally applied to all game and game variants. However, the topic "custom creature animations" is probably one of the most complicated aspects of Infinity Engine games. So I'll try to explain the basics a bit.

Let's assume you want to create the mod "Improved Werewolves". It consists of the following file structure:
    setup-ImprovedWerewolves.exe <- The executable for installing the mod /ImprovedWerewolves <- The mod folder which is referenced by the %MOD_FOLDER% variable in WeiDU script setup-ImprovedWerewolves.tp2 <- Our WeiDU installation script (see below) /animations <- This subfolder contains all of our animation-related resources xyaag1.bam xyaag1e.bam xyaag2.bam xyaag2e.bam 7xxx.ini <- Contains definitions about the creature animation. This can be a copy of 7E01.INI from the game where you replaced the resource reference with your own. (i.e. resref=MGWE -> resref=XYAA) /creatures xywolf1.cre <- The creature file that should use our new improved werewolf animation /lib animation_slots.tph <- Library with animation functions
    Our goal is to install and register the new creature animation, and copy over the creature file that should use the new animation.

This could be the content of our setup-ImprovedWerewolves.tp2:
    BACKUP ~ImprovedWerewolves/backup~ AUTHOR ~Myself~ VERSION ~1.0~ // Component "My improved werewolf creature" BEGIN ~My improved werewolf creature~ // This statement includes the library with all the animation-related functions. // %MOD_FOLDER% is used to save typing out "ImprovedWerewolves" every time you want to point // to a mod resource. WeiDU automatically replaces it with the mod's folder name. INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/lib/animation_slots.tph~ // The following block attempts to find a free animation slot in the range 0x7e00..0x7f00 // (in hexadecimal notation). The next free slot number is returned in "slot". // (LAF is short for LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION) LAF FIND_FREE_ANIM_SLOT INT_VAR slotMin = 0x7e00 slotMax = 0x7f00 RET slot END // Always check if "slot" is a valid animation slot number ACTION_IF (slot >= 0) BEGIN // Another function. This one converts the decimal value "slot" into its hexadecimal // representation and returns it in "hexNumber". This is needed for ANIMATE.IDS and the name // of the associated INI file (see below). LAF TO_HEX_NUMBER INT_VAR value = slot minDigits = 4 // our number should always be 4 digits long RET hexNumber END // This line adds our animation slot to the ANIMATE.IDS with a meaningful name. APPEND ~animate.ids~ ~0x%hexNumber% IMPROVED_WEREWOLF~ UNLESS ~IMPROVED_WEREWOLF~ // This line installs the file 7xxx.ini, located in the "animations" subfolder, into the game's // override folder with a filename that is derived from the current animation slot number. COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/animations/7xxx.ini~ ~override/%hexNumber%.ini~ // This code block copies all available BAM files from the mod's "animations" subfolder into // the game's override folder. ACTION_BASH_FOR ~%MOD_FOLDER%/animations~ ~.+\.bam~ BEGIN COPY ~%BASH_FOR_FILESPEC%~ ~override~ END // Now we can install the actual creature. We define a new name and set the creature animation // to the value we've just retrieved from the function above. COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/creatures/xywolf1.cre~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Improved Werewolf~ SAY NAME2 ~Improved Werewolf~ WRITE_LONG 0x28 slot // setting our new creature animation END ELSE BEGIN // This message is displayed if no free animations were available. // It will terminate the whole installation procedure. FAIL ~No free creature animation slot available.~ END
    Edit: You still have to find working animation slots beforehand though. The above example assumes that you already know which slot range works for your animation type.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • korneev_okorneev_o Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016

Hey Probe i have same issue!

I also need old_monster slot and i cant find it :(

I tried

0x0705

But now i have THAT ingame instead my animation

01.jpg 179.6K
    korneev_o

I gave up man :(

Spent week to make bams and now just cant get it ingame...
  • korneev_okorneev_o Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Still try finding slot..
    ONE PROBLEM SOLVED.

Seems i find sot for old_monster

I create 7e10.ini (7e01.ini copy)

make there refs

resref=XYAA
    resref_paperdoll=XYAA

Now animations load coorect

BUT

Now problem with paperdoll

It loading MGWE paperdoll!!

What more interesting if i delete string "resref_paperdoll" animation not loading at all!! HOW??
    Cant even have a clue why it still loading werewolf paperdooll while in SAME TIME it loading correct animation
    edited July 2016
    ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED.

CLOSE THREAD.