Skip to content

Urgent Help Wanted For IWD EE Trials of Luremaster item codes *Spoilers*

Hello. *Spoilers*

So I know about the scrolls of 'Tales of Sir... whatever' and put 3 of them into the correct tomb. However, for whatever reason, the fourth has disappeared for whatever reason, no matter where I checked, it just isn't there, probrably a glitch.

Anyway, without advancing the Trials of Luremaster, and since I can't get back to Heart of Winter areas, the game is over, and I don't want it to be.

I've looked elsewhere but there is no item codes I found that can copy those particular scrolls in order to continue the game. Can someone give me the codes to the 4 scrolls so I can copy them in order to continue the game?

Also, some help on how to activate cheat mode to enter the codes?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Why is it urgent? It's just a game... :)

In any case, see here for how to enable cheats.

Then you can press CTRL+SPACE, enter a cheat command, press ENTER.
    The following 4 cheat commands will give you the 4 scrolls you want:
    C:CreateItem("TALE1")
    C:CreateItem("TALE2")
    C:CreateItem("TALE3")
    C:CreateItem("TALE4")
    mf2112Hudzysemiticgoddess
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    Where is the chest that you put the flawed gems in? I have put them in everyone I can find and nothing happens
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    mewp12 said:

Where is the chest that you put the flawed gems in? I have put them in everyone I can find and nothing happens

If I recall correctly it's a bit complicated. Something like you put all the flawed gems in the first chest and then it makes them perfect gems. Then the perfect Gems go in each corresponding chest. I think. I usually just follow a walkthrough ...
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Wowo said:

If I recall correctly it's a bit annoying

yeah, that

• acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    I sometimes wonder why the level design is often this way where you've to backtrack long distances. It'd be nice if there's more like the end of Severed Hand where the NPC helps you travel where you want. Unlike Vale of Shadows or Dragon's Eye where your true enemy will probably be the stairs.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    acolyte said:

I sometimes wonder why the level design is often this way where you've to backtrack long distances. It'd be nice if there's more like the end of Severed Hand where the NPC helps you travel where you want. Unlike Vale of Shadows or Dragon's Eye where your true enemy will probably be the stairs.

it's filler level design. make the game last more with the same amount of content. totl is big on both backtracking and repetition.

but may even be parodic in nature. there's some genius in it. one of the levels is rotationally symmetric between it's two halves on a vertical axis: one half of the area is identical to the other and it's filled with identical enemies.

there you have "ideatic backtracking": you relive the same experience, just in an inversion...at the end of both halves (which are thrashmob-filled hallways) there is the same objective: pick up a skull.

the first time i played i (naturally) didn't first go to the exit door that tells you about needing both skulls so picked up only one skull (feeling that it must be important) because i thought the second one must be redundant. i intuitively understood that too much symmetry is too much symmetry...but of course i was wrong and another skull was needed so i had to, now physically, BACKTRACK through one of the hallways to get the other skull.

so i thought to myself "what is this IDIOCY???" but then i asked who is the idiot: the creator or me for just not picking the other skull and reading things into the enviroment from my preconceptions about what a level is supposed to work like.

pretty deep stuff :neutral:
    acolyteHudzy[Deleted User]
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited September 2016
    that same designer has omitted am early exit, right?

no way to pop back and forward eg the flying shaman (how)?

didnt finish this on my playthrough 2 yrs ago, considereding going again, but i hate zone where you have to tick all the boxes to move forward....esp if theres no bloody exit!

am trying to resist teleporting about via clua, its the slippery slope to depravity! :persevere:
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Talking about totl has me wondering about the last area of the dungeon. The one with the five rooms with the five chests that has gems. They are all considered one area? Can you dimension door between them?

It would be nice to do a Wish and massively nuke them with mass Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. There's some preparation and rng involved so at least two sorcerers/mages. But it would be a good way to pre-clear the five rooms so that you can concentrate on this backtracking quest. It's also a funny way to kill them imo. Has anyone tried this? Are they considered as the same area?