Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Hephernan encounter (legacy of the Bhaal)

After 100± reloads i've barely managed to survive first encounter with Hephernan.
How did you guys do it? I used lots of webs, and was lucky enough that my archer had about 50 explosive arrows from BG1. Also, ankheg summons were very helpful.
The fight with dragon was insane, especially with those small green ones and their breath weapons, but this was next level of hardness :dizzy:

Ardanissemiticgoddess

Comments

  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    You mean you've killed everyone on the floor? If so, count me impressed, because the fight's settings on insane difficulty (and by extension on LoB) were designed with "get the hell outta here!" in mind, not with the possibility to actually defeat them all.
    In a hindsight, we probably should've added an achievement for beating them on insane :)

    semiticgoddessMandragoraCARV3RGirewan
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Well, I always have this feeling when playing Legacy of Bhaal, and that is bring out that darn Godbow xD

    Mandragora
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Personally for the first encounter with Hephernan I used my fighter-thief alone. After talking to him, as there were too many enemies to kill, I sneaked out and escaped with haste (after looting everything of interest of course). As for the dragon, I had Viconia kill it with a Slay Living spell :-)

    Mandragora
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I did it yesterday on Insane (not LoB) and had only Charname surviving the encounter. The Elite crusaders were disposed of easily enough with cloudkills and the golems with Potions of Absorption. Hephernaan himself was the big problem, he managed to kill 4 of my 5 dead party members.

    It's my first time playing SoD I actually didn't know I was supposed to run away.

    Mandragora
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Ardanis said:

    You mean you've killed everyone on the floor? If so, count me impressed, because the fight's settings on insane difficulty (and by extension on LoB) were designed with "get the hell outta here!" in mind, not with the possibility to actually defeat them all.
    In a hindsight, we probably should've added an achievement for beating them on insane :)

    Yes, was long battle.
    Altair said:

    Personally for the first encounter with Hephernan I used my fighter-thief alone. After talking to him, as there were too many enemies to kill, I sneaked out and escaped with haste (after looting everything of interest of course). As for the dragon, I had Viconia kill it with a Slay Living spell :-)

    Sneaky :smiley: Did you use any mallisons on drake? I cant seem to hit successfully with that spell

  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 745
    Yes, both these encounters were difficult with the latter one being the hardest battle I ever fought in the whole saga. There's the magic dead zone too. That one, I couldn't clear.

    I first tried to flee seeing the endless number of reinforcements. Then, I tried to come back and couldn't take the lift so I reloaded and cleared the floor.
    I had to use Durlag's Goblet to keep my party healthy. I didn't think about Arrows of Explosion. It'd certainly have make my life easier. Cloudkill was also a good idea.
    I used Web, Emotion and Chaos a lot. I thought I'd go crazy when an additional party of 6 named characters just spawned out of nowhere in the middle of the fight.

    The battle took like two hours. Insane!

    Mandragora
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Abel said:

    Yes, both these encounters were difficult with the latter one being the hardest battle I ever fought in the whole saga. There's the magic dead zone too. That one, I couldn't clear.

    I first tried to flee seeing the endless number of reinforcements. Then, I tried to come back and couldn't take the lift so I reloaded and cleared the floor.
    I had to use Durlag's Goblet to keep my party healthy. I didn't think about Arrows of Explosion. It'd certainly have make my life easier. Cloudkill was also a good idea.
    I used Web, Emotion and Chaos a lot. I thought I'd go crazy when an additional party of 6 named characters just spawned out of nowhere in the middle of the fight.

    The battle took like two hours. Insane!

    Forgot about dead magic zone, nasty battle as well...those backstabs hurt so much.

    Abel
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    It was a Shadowdancer in the dead magic zone, right? Who was this guy anyways? He fled the battle, acting all smug like he was just toying with you.

    AbelMandragora
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Kurona said:

    It was a Shadowdancer in the dead magic zone, right? Who was this guy anyways? He fled the battle, acting all smug like he was just toying with you.

    Have no idea. He backstabs you for a bit, gets bored and runs aways somewhere :smiley:

  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    He didn't like the wands of fire. BaBaBaBoom!

    Mandragora
Sign In or Register to comment.