Skip to content

Dynaheir with no equipment or spells learned after recruitment in Three Old Kegs

Is that normal, I never used her on the main game, which I imported to this one. She only has a couple of lvl 1 and 2 spells such as magic missile, etc. The first time I got to her and Minsc on SoD minsc had some generic equipment on him, then I reloaded before the meeting and he had the equipment I left him with at the end of the base game. Strange... Is this a bug, or is dynaheir supposed to "start" that bad. Also, if it is a bug, can I just not recruit both her and minsc and go on with the expansion?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    No, it's a bug. Sometime during your BG playthrough a duplicate "unmet" Dynaheir file was added to a savegame. This has caused the "wrong" version of Dynaheir to spawn. Editing a savegame from before you entered the 3 Kegs to delete the duplicate should correct this bug.
  • jnalves10jnalves10 Member Posts: 24
    Fardragon said:

No, it's a bug. Sometime during your BG playthrough a duplicate "unmet" Dynaheir file was added to a savegame. This has caused the "wrong" version of Dynaheir to spawn. Editing a savegame from before you entered the 3 Kegs to delete the duplicate should correct this bug.

Thanks for the answer. How do I edit the wrong dynaheir out?

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Err, can someone more techie than me explain how to edit save-games?

There is a thread on this on the bug forum. This bug can affect any of the returning SoD NPCs.
    Again, thanks. I'll try and look for the thread you spoke off.
    edited July 2016
    Fardragon said:

There is a thread on this on the bug forum. This bug can affect any of the returning SoD NPCs.

Is it on the BG:EE bug thread, could not find it...
    Never mind, found it =]
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    I had the same thing happen with Neera. Didnt realize it was a bug at the time.
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    For me it was Edwin.
    Guess I'll just make a new character and import mine from BG1 directly to BG 2 later, first time playing the series...