Skip to content

Questions about Bg1 to Bg2 Imports

Hi Everyone i just completed Bg1 for the first time and i was wondering if i am only able to import my main character or if i can import other party members? If So which ones?

If i am able to import characters from my party (Charname- Cleric/Ranger, Imoen-(thief only), Jaheira, Khalid , Neera, Branwen) will i have a hard time in bg2 or am i better off only importing charname and having the default characters that bg2 starts with join my party. The example im thinking of atm would be how Imoen is dual classed at the start of bg2 but in my bg1 playthrough i didnt do that. Anyway i dont even know if this is possible since bg2 always starts with the same characters right?

How does Importing a character affect the game/stats than if i were to create a new character? Is there much of a difference?

Last question - I just thought I would ask this to be sure. Does it matter if i import my next to last save? In this case Save 61(a save in the middle of the final battle) since my Final Save after beating the game only shows up on the load menu of bg1 but not in the documents folder where the saves are. (maybe its there but i dont know where to look? idk.

Thanks to anyone who took time to read/answer. I just wanted to get some info before i start my next long journey!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can only import your character. If you got stat tomes the boosted stats will carry over. If you played a mage class, all your memorized spells carry as well. Oh, and a select few items will transfer as well.
    mf2112
  • CinquainCinquain Member Posts: 12
    Alright thanks for answering!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My pleasure
    mf2112