Skip to content

Editing LUABBR.2DA via a .tp2 file

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
edited July 2016 in General Modding
I'm attempting to edit a value in the LUABBR.2DA using a .tp2 file would anyone be able to assist me?

I'd like to change the value associated with KENSAI from Fi0 to Fi5 (a custom file I'll be adding)

COPY_EXISTING ~LUABBR.2da~ ~override~
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~KENSAI~ 29 1 ~Fi5~
SET_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW ~KENSAI~ 3
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

This is what I've got so far, but it doesn't appear to be working, any thoughts?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

Using Fi5 is a bad idea. Any number of other mods or game expansions might try to do the same thing. HLA tables can be up to 8 characters long, so you should use your modding prefix plus up to 4 more letters.

OR, even better, use the functions I made specifically for customization of HLA tables! You can assign the base fighter table and then remove and add HLAs with simple LAF commands:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/55101/tool-weidu-functions-for-modding-hlas

Thank you, I'll check it out!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

Skip the first few posts there, instead pay attention to the last post, with the LAF examples. And the example .tp2 code included at that link. Also, check out my Might & Guile mod, at the end of the components/rogue_feats.tpa file, to see a working example of the HLA functions.

Thank you