Skip to content

Does script action "ChangeStoreMarkup()" actually work?

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
I've tried this action in BG1EE and BG2EE without any success on several stores.

Winthrop's store in BG1 sells a katana for 750 gold. His store uses a buy markup of 50% and sell markup of 150%. After executing the following command on Winthrop
C:Eval('ChangeStoreMarkup("Inn2616", 100, 300)')
the katana is still sold for 750 gold, even though it should now be sold for twice as much.

How can I get this script action to work? @Avenger_teambg

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Actually, I'm interested in this as well
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Maybe you need to spawn a new Winthrop
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited July 2016
    I don't think so. Stores are independent of the characters who initiate the store screen. Recreating a character (or store) would also defeat the purpose of this script action.

ChangeStoreMarkup() is already used in SoD for Jegg, the dwarven armorer in besieged Bridgefort, who offers her wares at a small discount if you're asking about it politely. I didn't notice any price difference when asking politely or impolitely.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    argent77 said:

I don't think so. Stores are independent of the characters who initiate the store screen. Recreating a character (or store) would also defeat the purpose of this script action.

ChangeStoreMarkup() is already used in SoD for Jegg, the dwarven armorer in besieged Bridgefort, who offers her wares at a small discount if you're asking about it politely. I didn't notice any price difference when asking politely or impolitely.

Charisma based check maybe?
    I don't think high charisma can compensate a markup increase by 100% as done in my tests.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    argent77 said:

I don't think high charisma can compensate a markup increase by 100% as done in my tests.

I didn't mean it that way, I meant like a conversation check for cha when you talk to jegg the first time. Or maybe after you resolve the stone quest?
    No, there is none for that conversation path (checked in NI).
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Tested it also. It doesn't seem to work.