Skip to content

SCS Party composition help!

Hello and a good day to you from a long-time lurker (finally member) :D

I am having trouble deciding my party composition, or better, the classes of most of them ^^
Fig/Ill Gnome as my imported Bhaalspawn-Beauty Aressa and Rasaad will not be altered.
I will play with SCS+RogueRebalancing and some other mods that shouldn't matter here much (I dunno for sure though, but I also don't know which mods it actually will be - still time )
As Level1NPC still seems to not work with EE I will use EEKeeper instead :)

Imoen: Jesteror Skald (for awesome 'Remove Magic') or Sorcerer?

Mazzy: Fighter/Cleric (multi) or pure Cleric (beloved 'Turn Undead') (which kit?)

Nalia: Thief->Mage, but which thief kit? Swashbuckler, Shadowdancer or basic Thief?

Last place will rotate between quest-relevant, banter and useful NPCs until TOB
Sarevok: Am actually at a loss here... Don't want plain Fighter, so something like Blackguard or Berserker... But I don't even know, between Aressa, Rasaad (and maybe Mazzy) if I would even need another warrior for SCS or maybe should even avoid it... And on the other hand, he is THE Warrior class, so turning him into a Mage/Cleric or Sorcerer just doesn't fit that well (flavour is of much importance to me here ^^ )

I want to change things up in terms of gameplay, want to use my favorite NPCs (that I actually never used ALL together), and don't want to suffer from past trauma by once again utterly failing SCS D: Last time I couldn't even get the Thief Stronghold before rage-quitting xD

Any suggestions for my team (be it of the above or new ones) will much appreciated ;)

PS.: Sorry for long first post... wouldn't know how to make a TL;DR out of it, otherwise I would do :/

Comments

• caescaes Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2016
    Powergaming thread forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17960/powergaming-party-bg2-tob-npc-and-multiplayer/p24

To sum everything up:
    - at least two debuffers and one cleanmaster are needed
    - +APR weapons are great
    - thieves and clerics are not (to which I disagree)
    - better to play big parties and rest often

My personal favorite party for SCS was:

1. fighter/cleanmaster - inquisitor - PC (swaped for Keldorn or Mazzy via Cntr+K)
    2. dps/debuffer - ken/m - Viconia
    3. dps/debuffer - ken/m - Haer Dalis
    4. dps/backstabber - f/m/t - Jan Jansen
    5. dps/healer - ber/clr - Korgan
    6. Edwin (just for his banters)

In order to survive in SCS environment you might want to powerplay your favorite NPC: give to Imoen, say, Viconia's MR and to Nalia - Edwin's amulet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BaldurspawnBaldurspawn Member Posts: 66
    Thank both of you for the links ^^
    I will see whether your mod strikes my fancy, doc ;) (mods are buggy sometimes and this one's new ^^)
    aaand I am posting in the other thread soon :D