Skip to content

Cannot get Big World Project to install using the Big World Project installation tool

tigermitchtigermitch Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm a huge fan of the Baldur's Gate series and wanted to play it again after many years. I know that there are many mods that are available out there now that help to change the flavor and feel of the original games and wanted to add this to my new mega mod install.

I have the Baldur's Gate "the Original Saga" (3 discs that has the TotSC), Baldur's Gate 2 Shadow of Amn (4 discs), and Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal (1 disc). I am installing these games on a Macbook Pro 17" (early 2013) laptop that also has Windows 7 installed via Bootcamp. It has 250 GB of space for the Windows 7 Bootcamp section. The laptop has 8 GB of RAM. They are going to be installed on the Windows 7 portion of the computer.

I am totally new to modding or installing mods but I think that I can follow directions pretty well and notice that there seems to be lots of helps and guides out there. I'm currently using the Leonardo Watson Big World Project guide and installer v15.6 and the BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-86d8ed655ef5. I've followed it as best as I can with the install of the games and patches. All games are installed at the Custom or Full install with all blocks checked. It installs in the: Program Files (x86)/Black Isle/BGII - SoA (The Baldur's Gate "the Original Saga" is installed to: Program Files (x86)/Black Isle/Baldur's Gate). I then opened each of the 3 games and created save games and then exited per the guide. I've disabled the Anti Virus software and have disabled UAC. I also increased the virtual memory in Windows 7 (one post recommended I up it to twice the installed RAM at minimum). I run the Start Big World Setup - Update if needed tool to choose the mods that I want to add. It downloads these files from the net and auto extracts these files into Program Files (x86)/Black Isle/BGII - SoA folder. Once I've done this, I then go to the BGII - SoA folder and find the BiG World Install.bat file and launch it as the Administrator. I follow the settings and then eventually launch the installer. It seems to go through and install everything, but eventually stops with an error message. :/

The error message I keep getting is: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I looked this up on the internet and Microsoft detailed how to go into your Registry Editor and find/create IRPstacksize. It says that sometimes you get this error when you have a decimal number size less than 12. I've bumped this up to as high as 50, but I still get this error and my install continues to fail.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and can help??? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks guys!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tigermitchtigermitch Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply Subtledoctor. I created that drive with 250 gb specifically for this game. At the time of install, I had around 210 gb available. The only patch that the was instructed to install was the BGII Throne of Bhaal 26498 patch. Is this incorrect? The BWP that I downloaded was the latest available.
  • tigermitchtigermitch Member Posts: 3
    I'll try to re-install them in a file other than either of the Program Files. But the latest forums I thought said that this was no longer an issue as long as the Anti-virus and UAC was disabled.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.