Skip to content

What triggers the DeArnise stronghold quests?

It's been days and days in game, and still there's no sign of the old man getting a decent funeral. Is there something I can do to get things started?

Comments

• caescaes Member Posts: 33
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Thanks. I'll try that as soon as I'm out of the underdark then.
  • outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18
    If you're talking about DeArnise's funeral, it is not a Stronghold quest but Nalia's. The quest triggers one day after you have have completed the DeArnise siege quest when travelling with Nalia in your party. The Stronghold's quests should work normally (if there isn't a bug), just talk to the guy in the main hall in the castle.
    Ah, that's it then. I didnt recruit Nalia until after I cleared the keep. Thanks.
    Well %$@#%&#@. Looks like I'll be console-forcing those quests everytime :S
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    you can always recruit/unrecruit/recruit. The timer for the funeral and the following quests will still run when she's not in your party. Just have her wait in the Copper Coronet while you are doing other things and then check back in. As soon as you go outside with her you should get the messenger.

I'm not sure how well the console works without her in the party, since she's involved in the dialogues and what not. I'd expect it to be buggy.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You'll need her in the party for the funeral, otherwise several dialogs won't trigger.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Interesting, I have never done this before. This will have priority when i start playing BGII EE very soon! :)