Skip to content

BGEE wont launch on steam

Ive tried everything somebody plz help

Comments

• randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2016
    What is the error you are getting? I was getting an error and I looked it up and discovered it was due to my monitor being on 16bit color. Once I switched to 32bit color the game ran fine

edit: I switched it by right clicking on desktop and going "personalize" -> Display settings -> Colors (picking "highest 32 bit" setting)
  • MikerobbMikerobb Member Posts: 6
    Im not getting any error its says preparing to launch and never does. Sadly I feel steam hates me
    What about if you tried to launch the executeable file directly from the folder itself? So it's c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\baldur's gate - enhanced edition....or something like that (at work and can't check)

If you double click the baldur icon and it "thinks" for a second and then stops, you'll know there is something causing the program to stop running. It would be easier to figure out if it would give an error message though...
    Ya I just do not get it. Everything else loads right up this bad mofo refuses to love me. Alas I am lost and the pain is unbearable
    Stat correction the issue is missing openAl32
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND FIXED
    nice!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    That's a problem with running programs through a launcher. It hides the process behind another layer. I had a problem running BGEE through GOG Galaxy and I couldn't figure it out until I ran baldur.exe directly so I could see the error. Now I just put shortcuts to the .exe on my desktop and ignore the launchers completely.
  • WormboyWormboy Member Posts: 1
    Same problem here. Tried to launch the program directly and got "missing OpenAL32.dll" I reinstalled and the problem was not fixed
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I had the missing OpenAL problem one time, and I fixed it by searching for, downloading, and installing OpenAL separately. I may have uninstalled it when I was cleaning out my hard drive of programs I didn't recognize.