Skip to content

Little mod to minorly improve ranger casting

Would it be easy to make a small mod that gives rangers access to level 4 druid spells, at a suitable level? I'm guessing it would only involve modifying the existing framework which gives them a max of 3 x levels 1, 2 & 3; however I have no experience of modding IE games.

All this would do is make their spellcasting more in line with paladins, which later editions of d&d saw fit to do as well.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Cheers @ subtledoctor :)
    Do I create an override folder if there isn't one in the game dir already?
    Also, this won't change the Ranger spell list from druid to cleric will it?
    edited July 2016
    Thanks again :)

If I could change what spells they gained I'd be inclined to give stalker a different few bonus spells, say friends, invisibility and dire charm, instead of the strange bunch they currently have.

I'd love to give archer charm animal back too, as it seems arbitrary that they had it removed.
    You sure put a lot of work into that. I particularly liked the sniper thief kit idea and giving rangers more move speed, as well as limiting kensai to gm in one weapon.

Rangers should all be able to set and detect traps imo, so was nice to see you doing at least one half of that for your new stalker.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @jesterdesu if it's not a bother, please post the 2da file you created to the forums for other users to use :)

i'd love to have rangers getting level 4 spells!
    edited July 2016
    @subtledoctor any Idea how I'd give archers back charm animal by using NI?

Edit: Worked it out with some exploring. Next step going to remove archers 2 pips in 2 weapon style
    Post edited by jesterdesu on
    edited July 2016
    @trinit I've uploaded it to some file hosting site (cannot vouch for the security of said site to scan before you download)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=18706765488989540500

If you're concerned, I found NI very easy to use, following Subtledoctor's instructions.

edit: just tested my own game in TOB and it works as expected :)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @jesterdesu downloaded! thank you very much!