Skip to content

Armor: Commander's Chain Mail +3

godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14
Equipped Abilities:
- Charisma: +1
- The wearer and any allies within his visual radius are immune to fear and morale failure

So, my brother and I are playing a multiplayer game. I control Myself and Khalid, he controls himself and Jaheira.
We decided to give Jaheira that armor to help us gain an immunity to fear and morale failure.

We've entered Kanaglym, and a rather large battle ensued; fear has affected each and everyone one of us once or twice each (not talking about confusion or any other "loss of control" effect). And we are within visual range, within 30 feet of Jaheira (the wearer). The ghost dragon does use 'dragon fear' on characters. But I figured, fear is... well... fear. The armor ability does clearly state "immune to fear". Yet even the wearer of the armor succumbs to fear.

One of the Dark Magicians also cast Horror and had some of us Feared. ??

Has anyone else noticed if they've had the same issue; does the armor actually work as intended? or have I traded 2 AC for naught?

Otherwise, it was a really challenging and tactical battle!

Comments

• MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    It does work. Ive used it in the final battle.
  • godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14

It does work. Ive used it in the final battle.

Have you played with it in Multiplayer? Maybe it doesn't work properly when equipped on a player not controlled by the host...
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Nope. I guess it could be bugged in multiplayer