Skip to content

[Spoiler/Cheese] Optimal DoMT Outcome

FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
It's beneficial to draw Emperor as the last draw against Aesgareth to the the "permanent" mind shield effect. Though I believe this lasts for 1 week (still very useful).

Now comes the opportunity for some pungent cheese!

I was wondering what people think the optimal DoMT draw sequence is once you get the deck from Aesgareth.

This of course assumes you are like me and have no problem save/load-ing until you get the outcome you want =P

Here are the two potentially beneficial paths (mutually exclusive). Please chime in if I'm missing something! I'm leaving out temporary effects, summons you battle for XP and the gems that you can find other places.

Draw1 : Donjon (better make save ... my bard used his HLA bard song)
Draw2 : +3 ring (Key) OR +1 stat (Star) OR +300K party XP (Sun)
Draw3: +10HP (Moon) or +1M party XP (Throne)

Draw1: +50K user XP (Jester)
Draw2: +300K party XP (Sun)
Draw3: +10HP (Moon) OR +5% Fire res (Comet)

For Draw3 I usually want the +1M party XP. +10HP or +5% fire resistance don't seem that useful. For a mage +10HP might make sense.

For Draw2 the +3 ring or the +1 stat is the most tempting. For me, +300K party XP isn't quite enough to compete with these. I believe the +3 ring is unique. +1 stat can go to DEX (rogue type), INT (caster type) or STR (melee type). I guess the choice really depends.

Draw1 is Donjon for me in order to get the previous two draws.

So I am really wondering what other people pick when they are spamming the DoMT :)

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    XP can't be optimal, because it's in (effectively) unlimited supply. Also because scaling at very high levels is poop soup.

Leaves you with various stat boosts and an item. Either can be worth it. +1 STR is the most relevant I suppose, as DEX isn't all that useful in high numbers, nor is INT (if you min/max anyway). A +3 ring of protection is very nice, but your STs/AC may be good enough at that point that it's a fairly minor upgrade. I usually take +1 STR and get the +10HP as a little cherry on top.
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    @Lord_Tansheron great to hear a different perspective and you make a good point. 1M XP may not be that hard to get in ToB...
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    All the main options are very nice, but at that point in the game, you can easily do without any of them. So it's a matter of personal preference.