Skip to content

Bassilus Zombie BG:EE Bug?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Doing a no-reload in BG:EE with F/M Elf ++Longsword ++Longbow +Quarterstaff and decided to fight Bassilus. Followed the dialog perfectly to the point where the zombies and skeletons should've disintegrated and a 1 v 1 battle with Bassilus would ensue.

Checked Bassilus with the wand of lightning to successful stop his spells but instead if the zombies corroding all around him they "all" became hostile. Made my F/M scramble long enough for Bassilus to cast a succesful hold from a distance and defeat my F/M. I'd get it if the zombies hit by the lighting became hostile for for them all to attack under these conditions is a bit suspect. Is this a bug kr is the run over? Had I known I would've just fire spammed them to the 9th hell. Though they'd probably just aid Irenicus when the time came.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've seen Bassilus' minions go hostile even after the correct dialogue when I've attacked too quickly. I think the going hostile script overrides the death.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I would figure that something is actually bugged out with his undead buddies atm - because I've done the quest probably 15 or so times recently (restartitis) and wonky things've been going on with them - from only *some* of the undead dying after the correct dialogue, to only those on screen, to some turning hostile and some remaining neutral (blue circle).
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I would say the disintegrate choices only work maybe ~ 3/4s of the time... I've had the same experience as @Gallenger - there is something wrong there. It may be how quickly you select the conversation choices or how quickly you attack, as if you've done something too fast and the script hasn't been triggered/completed properly...
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    About Bassilus:

Is there some ingame way of discovering the correct dialogue to kill the undeads?

Knowing out of nowhere a specific thing like the ZKeep sounds cheese to me.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I think when you get the quest from the town crier it's mentioned that he's a Zhent who was involved in some goings on there.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Bassilius mentions ZKeep himself when talking to ''Brother Thurm''. But the line ''Thank god we all got out safely'' feels like a shot in the dark. I don't think there's any explanation in the game.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    Francois said:

Bassilius mentions ZKeep himself when talking to ''Brother Thurm''. But the line ''Thank god we all got out safely'' feels like a shot in the dark. I don't think there's any explanation in the game.

Books describe the affairs of various regions in the Realm of Baldur's Gate. If I recall correctly Zhentil Keep came under siege by the Zhentarim. Maybe that's he he lost his family.