Skip to content

Playthrough query (possible spoilers)

Hey all.

In my current playthrough i'm planning on my post-spellhold party to be PC(Ranger), Jaheira, Mazzy, Valygar, Anomen and Imoen. I plan to take Yoshimo to spellhold for obvious reasons.
In chapter 2 i'm using Jan for arcane casting duties, but don't plan to take him in ch3 as you can see.

What/where are the potential pitfalls of playing ch3-imoen without arcane spells in the party?
When is the latest in chapter 3 I will be free to change members around before leaving on the boat?

Thanks in advance =)

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    If you aren't modding your game for difficulty, you will not NEED need anything specific of any kind. You can totally do without arcane spells, if you so choose.

The last time you can change things before you go on the boat is... before you go on the boat. Once you say let's go, it's too late; but you do have an option along the lines of "wait plz got stuff to do", which will let you finish all the quests etc. you want before leaving.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You don't need arcane magic much in the Brynlaw till you get Imoen, and you can get Imoen relatively easily. With high enough charisma, a bribe, and correct dialogue options you can talk your way into where Imoen is. No need for a fight, no need for arcane magic. If you do go the fighting route, however, you may have one somewhat challenging fight but still doable without arcane magic.

Once you get Imoen, be sure to have a scroll case filled with good scrolls to fill in her spellbook, and earn her a level or two, she can catch up to the party and assume all of the arcane casting duties by herself. 'Easy as pie' as she'd say. Since she progresses as a single class she can rise in levels much faster than good old Jan can.