Effect #10 “Constitution Modifier” causes net negative values to wrap to 25

Expected behaviour:

Effect #10 “Constitution Modifier” does not cause wrapping over of values

Revision:

Clamp constitution modifer
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I'll just save time by posting this on all the six attribute negative-wrapping ToBEx threads.

I created two items that reduce and increase all attributes by 19. The exception would be DEX and STR because in Near Infinity, when affirming that those were the attributes were selected, the fields in which the attribute bonus and type were to be selected became longer values beside headings entitled "Unknown." Thus I have no way to test for DEX and STR that way... as of yet...

The character I used started with all attributes at 9, so a value change of 30 either way would cause the wrapping if possible.

When putting on the attribute-reduction .ITM, nothing happened to attributes at all. For some reason attribute lowering with items does not seem to work in BGEE whatsoever. Even the minor -2 CON from the Claw of Kazgaroth doesn't work as @Igneous mentioned in another thread.

When putting on the attribute-increase .ITM, the values for INT, CON, WIS, and CHA did increase only to a red 25, so attribute capping did seem to work for those attributes, at least in terms of reporting on the Character Sheet screen.

I'd have to do other testing to verify if:
    1. the attribute-reduction .ITM does in fact lower attributes, but it's simply not showing at the Character Sheet Screen
    2. the attribute-increase .ITM actually doesn't increase attributes despite showing so at the Character Sheet Screen
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I got the same results with an item to lower an attribute. I was able to raise it but not lower it. I checked my item to make sure I hadnt made a mistake... so I took the next step.

I took the spell ONE_CON and put it into a script to apply to my character and it did indeed lower the constitution on the character sheet. When I reached 0, I died as expected. I compared the spell to my item, and all the parameters are identical. It seems that item modifiers are not supported?? Not sure exactly what to make of it.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Ok, I've fixed this again. You should probably see your con adjustment(along with the rest of the stats)
    You should probably see your con adjustment(along with the rest of the stats)
    Does this mean the other ToBEx attribute threads have also been addressed? These include:

STR (base): ToBEx 44
    STR (/%): ToBEx 43
    DEX: ToBEx 22
    INT: ToBEx 29 (listed twice)
    CHA: ToBEx 14

edited July 2012
    Confirmed Fixed.

Created an item that only drops CON... but by -30. Insta-death with no wrapping.