Skip to content

Sod alone

Hi,
Do you play Sod alone, without commpleting bgee? I never do that, but i get tired of bgee, i won so mich times now, but idk is sod is fun without tansferred items, lower xp and level ?
I just question itm because when i finish bgee i usually not go through sod, cause i bored my pc, but i like really sods new contents.

Comments

• randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2016
    I am not an expert on sod (just started), but if you start a new game with a fresh char it will populate your party with characters from the original like Edwin, Viconia, etc, and flesh out their gear and spells intelligently. It will be easy/difficult to get past the initial fights depending on where you set the difficulty. I would not recommend to setting it to insane or LoB if you are starting completely fresh but even those should be do-able

The first couple fights vs undead can be fairly hard, but in the first tomb you can get some gear for your main you can use, and especially gear/gems you can sell. And as soon as you finish the start area you lose your party and then you can customize your party by picking up different chars from the original (already leveled up and ready to go) and have access to stores selling good +1 or +2 magical gear and almost all the spells so you can catch up to a finished bg game almost immediately
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yes, a fresh party starts with a good though not complete selection of BGEE gear. The main downside to fresh games is that you don't receive any of BGEE's tomes, nor does SoD automatically adjust CHARNAME's stats to reflect having used them. This isn't a big deal for some builds but could matter quite a bit if CHARNAME is, say, an 18-strength thief or a 19-con dwarf. Many people also like to carry the INT tome into SoD so they can dual Safana to mage, an option that isn't available with a fresh party.

All of that said, SoD isn't appreciably harder than BGEE and you will certainly be able to complete it with a fresh party.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Missing the tomes isn't a big penalty anyway, charnames stats tend to be overkill unless you intentionally go for a low roll.
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    The title of your thread made me realize how just maybe they should have come up with a name that has 3 different first letters.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    hahahhahhaa