Skip to content

Imoen and Irenicus (*spoilers!*)

So, I have just started playing BG2 for the first time (I'm a BG1 veteran though)

In the first dungeon Imoen has a conversation with three dryads. They mention that they are Irenicus' concubines and that they are supposed to 'instill emotion' but that this fails because Irenicus is 'barren inside'.
Later in the conversation Imoen adds that Irenicus doesn't dream and she hypothesises that the dryads charm doesn't work on Irenicus (anymore).
One of the dryads, 'Ulene' is surprised that Imoen knows these things (thereby acknowledging that they are true). 'Ulene' goes on: "He has touched you as us, hasn't he? Irenicus searches for something he cannot find, and he looks within those that have no more idea than he".

So, just to sum up this encounter:

Irenicus longs for something, and in search for this, he enslaves dryads for concubines and used Imoen in a similar manner, when she was his captive. On top of this, he also managed to show Imoen "how death sounds". As well as the torture of course.. which makes you wonder how much of the 'concubine stuff' was intermixed with the 'torture stuff'... eww.

Well, quite an impressive man! (in terms of evilness). If I ever were to become an evil overlord, I would have quite the challenge in living up to Irenicus' standards.

I'm looking forward to figuring out if this Irenicus' 'searching for something' business is mostly motivated by his love for that mentioned female that used to live with I'm, or... something else...

Please, no spoilers for me!

Comments