Skip to content

Black Pits 2

I just finished the Black Pits 2. Disappointed in the ending especially if there is no BP3. Really enjoyed it though! There is a huge difficulty spike early on. Weird how battles against lizard men, drow and vampires are more difficult than those against liches and dragons. So to anyone else struggling early on, keep trying! The high level abilities do really kick butt. I still struggle to take down spell protections and not sure what to do when you can't target a mage with pierce, khelben's whip etc. Sometimes dispel magic works and sometimes not, maybe due to saves? Anyway this is a very fun way to try out the uber parties I have been planning I my head :)

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Dispel magic has a chance to work, depending on the difference between the levels of the dispeller and the target.

When a mage is improved invisible you can not target them with pierce magic, breach, etc. You need to take down the invisibility first, with true sight or a dispel/remove magic. Or the detect illusion ability from a thief or dark moon monk. True sight won't affect creatures immune to certain spell levels like lich immunity to 5th lvl (priest version is level 5 and gets blocked, mage version is lvl 6) and below and rakshasa immunity to lvl 8 spells and below. Dispel/remove magic will always affect (unless there is a layer of spell immunity:abjuration) but the success will depend on the level difference. Bards are excellent dispellers as they level up faster than mages.
    ilduderino