Skip to content

Found an exploit?

SOrt of a viable tactic. BUt def a bit cheesy.

the Hardiness HLA stacks with rat form from the sewere cloak.

Makes you immune to physical damage.

Even my dwarf defender is impressed by the tanking from this tactic!

I feel so dirty using this in some of the fights......

(wheres the spoiler button?)
sarevok57gorgonzolasemiticgoddessFinnTheHuman

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

SOrt of a viable tactic. BUt def a bit cheesy.

the Hardiness HLA stacks with rat form from the sewere cloak.

Makes you immune to physical damage.

Even my dwarf defender is impressed by the tanking from this tactic!

ah interesting.....

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

No spoiler button sorry. you have to type [*spoiler] your text [*/spoiler].
    I have added the * to avoid triggering the spoiler function, if I remove them you see
    your text

I suspect that the trick is not new, but also I sometimes discover something already known, but not by me. After more than 15 years a lot of experimentation has been done and finding something REALLY new is very rare...
    See us as Christopher Columbus, who discovered a new continent, some centuries after the arrival in America of the Vikings :smiley:

And don't feel dirty, is part of the fun of the game, the main part imo :smile: .
    Use it, but don't abuse, too much is boring.
    I don't even regard it as an exploit, only as a clever combination of normal game features.
    If you want to exploit try to add at the mix the DoE flail, used with the off hand. If it works you should have 1 more APR and regenerate while taking physical damage, there is also a chance that the +1APR is with the flail and not with the rat weapon. :wink:
    Give it a try and report here the results.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @ameliaboggins
    Don't feel cheesy or dirty, when you find that the AI is even more dirty and cheesy (really the AI cheats X_X).
    After I tried running a solo monk, all my years of guilty feelings of cheese are gone. The AI made many of their mobs match my level 40 monk movement rate (which is with a pair of paws of cheetah) nerfing all my kiting chances and the only way I can try to counter against this is by removing the boots before I enter the map, then when I spotted the enemy I put the boots back on just to trick the enemy of my movement rate.

Can you imagine a dragon whol jogs towards you during a regular party play where the average level is around 10 but if you use a solo monk at maybe level 25, the same lizard dashes towards you like a rocket .... I don't mind them upscaling the HP and Thac0 of mobs but the speed really drive me nutz
    gorgonzola