Skip to content

Display Portrait Icon Reference File

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
I'm looking for the reference file (Hardiness icon) associated to the Display portrait icon (142) effect, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't had any luck searching the ~17,000 bam files

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    STATES.BAM (and STATES2.BAM for the Record Screen) contains all the default portrait icons for status effects. However, since game patch 2.0 you can add or redirect portrait icons to a custom BAM via STATDESC.2DA. It's already used that way for a few Shaman-specific icons.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    argent77 said:

STATES.BAM (and STATES2.BAM for the Record Screen) contains all the default portrait icons for status effects. However, since game patch 2.0 you can add or redirect portrait icons to a custom BAM via STATDESC.2DA. It's already used that way for a few Shaman-specific icons.

Thank you, I have found the icon I'm looking for (cycle 213 in the States.bam), now I'm trying to change the colour of that (hardiness) icon from its original red to blue. Any suggestions as to how I do that?
    The easiest way is probably to create a new BAM with your modified icon and update the respective line in STATDESC.2DA to point to the new BAM file.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    argent77 said:

The easiest way is probably to create a new BAM with your modified icon and update the respective line in STATDESC.2DA to point to the new BAM file.

Thank you, can that be done on a mac (easily)? I've looked around in NI, but I quickly got lost.
    edited August 2016
    NI's BAM Converter can be used to create the portrait icon. You can inspect the BAM files already defined in STATDESC.2DA for reference.

Updating the 2DA should probably be done with WeiDU. If you know which line to modify then a statement like this should work:
    COPY_EXISTING ~statdesc.2da~ ~override~ SET_2DA_ENTRY row 2 3 ~YourIcon~
    Replace "row" with the row value to update.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2019
    argent77 wrote: »
    ...(and STATES2.BAM for the Record Screen)...

Is it possible to export a specific icon using NI? It seems you're forced to export the entire STATES2.bam file....
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2019
    Delete all the frames you don't need, then save your file as a new one.
    Or export all the frames as png, then use the one you need to create a brand new bam file.