Skip to content

SPOILER- Firkraag glitch, or exploit?

I was watching a You Tube movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Y0-BXyjII
and something strange happened from min 33.
The uploader was running a solo no reload sorcerer on a not EE game. Charname attacked the big lizard and then, as the battle was going in a bad direction, retreated to the previous area of the dungeon. Somehow Firkraag managed to follow her. When she moved back in his usual room he was still there.
So she managed to kill both the dragons getting double XP and double loot.
The uploader was surprised about that, she was not using a known exploit to duplicate him.

Have anybody managed to reproduce the thing in a EE or not EE game?
Is the thing well known by the player's community, but not by me?
Does someone know if it is a one time in the life glitch or an exploit that can be used at will by EE/notEE players?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Don't get me wrong, but imo fighting two red dragons is like dating two people separately - it may sound rewarding but it also double hard work.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    DJKajuru said:

Don't get me wrong, but imo fighting two red dragons is like dating two people separately - it may sound rewarding but it also double hard work.

Two-timing is being an asshole. Fighting two dragons is being a badass.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @DJKajuru I like the multiple dragons battles and in not EE I even managed, installing and unistalling 7 times a not Weidu mod, Kensai Ryu's difficult brown dragon, to have 7 very strong lizards in the same place. Very rewarding battle, rewarding for the fun I had fighting, I never used the 7 loots, full of OP items. But since the two Firkraags are in 2 different areas there is no more risk and challenge than fighting only 1 of them.
    Different players, different tastes...... :smile:

I know also many more efficient ways to boost the XP, ways that rely on the normal behavior of the game and not on glitches, if I choose to do it.
    I also don't need 2 Holy Avengers and anyway there is an easy and legittimate way to have them, for a main battle, using the Helm of Vahilor or a Simulacrum from a FMT, or a FT with UAI and the Simulacrum scroll. I know also how to exploit this, not relying on glitches, to have in the same moment of the game up to 12 Holy Avengers active in the same moment, given a certain party.

Is just that I am interested in finding out every possible exploit, research that is a big part of the fun that I have playing BG2, as I can beat even a hard modded game quite easily and for me giving to each enemy 5000 HP is not the funny way to go. By the way in a recent topic I suggested how to beat the Ravager soloing a FMT in LoB (that I never played) in about 12 rounds, without taking a single damage and without using exploits, experienced players that play with LoB agreed about the fact that it should work.
    I had spent time searching on the net and even more time finding my own recipes and exploits while playing. Because I love them, not because I have to rely on them.

So, as I didn't know about this glitch or exploit, I am asking if is a well known thing or something almost unnoticed, and if someone can provide more information about it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @gorgonzola , nowadays I may prefer fighting one at a time, but since you've mentioned multiple dragon fighting , I suggest you install improved abazigal AND use an editor to replace his drakes by real dragons (and change their scripts so they don't wing buffet themselves across the room). I 've done it before and it's quite fun.

@Kurona , I was joking . I could never date two since I'm quite the sentimental person . I mean that it would be like being in a situation that requires double invidual attention.
    By the way I find the tactics used by the YT uploader quite cheap and boring, is not my style of playing.
    I forgive about it because in a no reload game taking the minimum risk is a must, but the fact that she is constantly talking of things completely unrelated to the game while she is fighting Beholders is a good clue about how little challenge (and fun imho) there is in playing a solo sorcerer that way.

The only thing technically interesting in that video, outside the glitch, is the multi generational use of clones near the end. Well known, but rarely seen on YT.
    edited August 2016
    @DJKajuru I never used an editor to change the enemies or even to look at their scripts. if I sometimes want to look at their stats I cluaconsole them in the party (and then reload...), I have done it a few times and I know that is a brutal and ignorant way to do it.
    But I have done a little of programming with basic on an 8bit computer at the beginning of the 80' and then shifted to do completely different things, for me scripting, html, the modern programming and even using an editor is something magic and misterious :smiley:
    But you have given me a good reason to learn it, thanks!

And maybe learning I will finally be able to write the AI script for my bards that I really want, to have them at the beginning of the round use all their APR on the nearest enemy (or unprotected one, even better giving a class based priority, but just the nearest would be great) and then sing until the end of the round.
    Now I have to do it manually, a lot of micro......
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think I had something like this happen once with the lich in the gate district in vanilla bg2, usually when I fought that lich, I would go in and out of the door, to make it waste it spells, but one time it actually followed me through that door, and in a panic I started whackin' all crazy like, so I took it down, and then went back into the lich room, and shazam, the lich was still in there as well, so I whacked that lich as well and got double the goodies, so I think it is a bug in bg2, although it didn't happen all the time, so I think you need to specifically do something to make it happen
    edited August 2016
    @sarevok57 When the sorcerer (I don't know if there is a specific name for a female one) moved to the next area the dragon was very close, maybe is needed that the enemy's circle touches your circle, there is an exploit involving dragons, the shapeshifted golem and blindness that relies on circles.
    Or maybe he has to perform a physical attack or a magical one in the very moment that you go through the door (moving while his animation is happening?).
    At least now we know that it has happened at least 2 times with 2 different enemies in 2 different areas.