Skip to content

Hexaat: hide in shadows 120... - Hide in shadows failed.

Is this a glitch? How does this work??? I just don't understand how the dice rolls can be failing! If someone is more knowledgeable about AD&D 2nd edition than I am, could you please explain?

:s:s:s

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    a couple of things, first if you are doing while an enemy is observing you, you will automatically fail, second, if you are in broad daylight, or in an are that is lit ( like attempting to do it around a torch or some such) then you get a penalty to the check, not sure what the penalty is but its definitely there
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    sarevok57 said:

a couple of things, first if you are doing while an enemy is observing you, you will automatically fail, second, if you are in broad daylight, or in an are that is lit ( like attempting to do it around a torch or some such) then you get a penalty to the check, not sure what the penalty is but its definitely there

Ohhh, okay thanks dude! xD
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Also Hide in Shadows and Move Silently equally contribute equally to your chance of hiding in shadows. So if you've got a very low Move Silently then that could be a factor.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @elminster is right about the average, 120 in HiS and 0 in MS count as 60 for the check.
    And I think that anyway to hide successfully all the times in full light is needed something like an average in the range of 150 or more, but I can be wrong on this. Hiding (the average) and pickpocket should be the only stats that is worth to bring over 100.

About what @sarevok57 tells I agree about the fact that even the shadow of a pillar can help a lot, but I think that the shadowdancer kit can hide also when in sight of the enemy, if the check is successful.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I believe that anywhere your character model turns red from infravision counts as an easy place to hide in shadows during daylight.