Skip to content

Request: Stop battle music after defeating ToB's final boss. (obvious spoilers)

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Hi there

I have noticed that the combat music keeps going on after defeating Amelyssan, and it interferes with the other character's voices during the final dialogue, which is a bit anticlimatic. Is there any way to stop it?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm, I didn't have that happen with me, maybe it was one of those "small memory leak type things" I notice sometimes that if you push a script to fast while combat is going on, the game will still think you are in combat, so maybe it was one of those instances? does this happen to you every single time?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    To tell you the truth I have only finished bg2ee once. In the classic version you could minimize the screen and go back to it to eliminate the audio, but it doesn't happen with the EE , you have to save and reload to stop the combat music loop when it happens.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This sounds straight-forward enough that you could probably file a ticket for it on Redmine. If it's intrusive enough that it feels like a bug, it probably is one. (If you think it's working by design, you can set the Tracker to "Feature" instead of "Bug".)

Include a saved game prior to going to the final area, with steps you can take to reliably reproduce the issue, and we'll take a look.