Skip to content

Turn Undead fix for Legacy of Bhaal

r1n4omr1n4om Member Posts: 7
edited August 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
As some of you may know Turn Undead practically does not work in Legacy of Bhaal mode, because of the monster level increase in this difficulty.

As an example take the shadows in the circus tent. They are one of the first and more easy undead encountered in BG2. In regular difficulty they are level 9. In LoB they are level 16.
If I remember correctly the mechanics for turn undead are you have to be 2 levels higher for turning them and 7 levels higher for destroying/controlling them. In BG2 it is "hard" to be or have a level 18 cleric so soon ;).

My little mod scales the turn undead level of clerics and paladins so that it works on LoB as it does on other difficulties. It is still more difficult but no longer impossible to turn something.

Installation

Warning

If you have any mod that gives clerics and/or paladins special abilities DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD.

Extract the "override" folder to your main BG2ee directory.

You might be asked to replace the 2da files CLABPA01, CLABPA02, CLABPA04, CLABPA05, CLABPA06, CLABPR01, CLABPR02, CLABPR03 and CLABPR04.

MAKE A BACKUP OF THEM!!!

If you have the remove-XP-cap mod installed and nothing else, that alters clerics or paladins abilities, proceed. Otherwise stop here.

Questions you might have.

Q: Does this work on other difficulties?
A: Yes, it does. It overpowers turn undead in lower difficulties. Delete or replace with your backup the above mention 2da files in your override folder, to restore normal behavior for anything below LoB.

Q: Does this work for BGee?
A: I have not tested it, but nothing speaks against it.

Q: Can you make a WeiDU-version of it?
A: I have already invested more time into it then I wanted to. So no. Maybe someone else can make it.

Q: Can I use this for an exsisting save?
A: Yes, but you have to set the level (not the xp) of the cleric/paladin to 0 with eekeeper. Then relevel up the pc or npc in the game

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • r1n4omr1n4om Member Posts: 7
    I know that. I just can't motivate myself to do it.
  • caleroncaleron Member Posts: 1
    I went ahead and created a version for EET or EE games, if the author wishes this removed that is fine, I just figured I would put one up for others that came across this. Also if you have existing games and don't want to re-level yourself just add as many of the spell ids included in the archive via EE Keeper as you have levels. Approximately 1 every other level for paladin and 2 for every 3 levels for priests. Otherwise you can open up the 2DA file with notepad++ and get an exact number.