Skip to content

Black Pits 2 dialogue bug

Hi all

I've just bought Baldurs Gate 2 EE and am trying to import my character from Black Pits to play in Black Pits 2, It loads ok but there seems to be some kind of dialogue bug where the characters will speak normally but the text box showing what they're saying seems to be a conversation between Aerie and Haer Dalis in BG2. When trying to import the last save you can see the conversation at the side as well instead of the characters name. The game itself is causing an error and crashing to desktop every few minutes as well. I've started the main game and the ToB expansion and theres no problem there, it only seems to be happening in Black Pits 2.

I've not edited the LAU file yet or done anything to change the game. Uninstalled and done a fresh install to no effect.

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/1416vk2.jpg[/IMG]

Please advise.

Comments

• ValtainValtain Member Posts: 5
    Bought it on GOG and tried the forum there, they said come here.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited August 2016
    why dont you export the chars at end of bp1 and import them to bp2 start when you form the party?

like i did here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60813/export-hexxat#latest

*to clarify, you have to do this process for each char that you want transfered over. they will all be lurking in the chars folder. if you wish you can fiddle witht hem in bg2 before expoting them *eekeeper". them import each at a time as you define who is in party slot 2-6. you can import main char too ofcourse.
    I didnt find a way to transfer their correct sound files.....sure someone less blonde could achieve this!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    This sounds much like a dialogue.tlk bug, do you use any mod?
    If not, then simply change the voiceset of the characters you are using, it might solve your issues
  • ValtainValtain Member Posts: 5
    No mods used.

I'll load up the game tomorrow and try to export/import them.