Skip to content

How to handle pvrz files?

Hello,
I'm trying to make bams for a kit and i'm running into issues with the mosxxxx.pvrz files, I had no idea they even existed until my bams stopped working and i've no idea how to deal with them properly.

I did a quick search but I pretty much only found a 3 year old post from argent77 on SHS saying it's going to be a problem in the future.

What's the go to way to handle them and/or bypass, I noticed it's possible to keep the bams in v1 but then I can't put any big bam due to size requirement.

Thanks.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    I would advise against using the BAM V2 format unless you have no other choice (e.g. your BAMs provide alpha blended graphics or are too big for V1). BAM V2 can't be used for everything yet, and there are still bugs present when used for item icons.

WeiDU provides a number of functions for dealing with the MOSxxxx.PVRZ numbering. You can find out more in the WeiDU Readme.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Ok thanks, i'll try to reduce the size then. On a somewhat related subject, what would the best way to match visuals and area of effect be ?