Skip to content

Is there a Baldur's Gate font?

Strange question... is there an official Baldur's Gate font that is available to download/purchase? Similar to the one in the title logo?

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited August 2016
    It's Sherwood, I think, and it should be available to download free somewhere...

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Yeah, it seems the Baldur's Gate font is not unique to the game. I've seen it in a few other instances.
    edited August 2016
    Sent you a link to download it that I found @MagpieRandoms - but I didn't test it myself so as usual with any internet download make sure to scan it etc
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Would you mind posting that link here @Mr2150 ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would be very, very hesitant to post any unofficial download links to this or any other font. Unlicensed fonts are often unstable, may contain malware, and (perhaps most importantly) may fall under the umbrella of piracy.

I'm doing a hunt for where you can buy or acquire a licensed, stable copy of the font. I'll let you know what I find.
    That would certainly be the best option...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited August 2016
    It doesn't have Baldur's Gate Font, but I think https://cooltext.com is a pretty good site for logos and you end up with a transparent png that you can use in your editor however you'd like.

Spyware, adware, etc seems to not be an issue with the site but I use adblocking plug-ins as well.
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    Thanks guys! I didn't know it was a common font. Cool.