Skip to content

Dual Class details

So the impression I got from dual class by reading over these forums is different from what I just experianced in the game.

I rolled a Berzerker. I put 2 points in Daggers and 2 points into single weapon fighting style.

I then leveled up once and Dual Classed to a thief. The reason I did this is because I wanted to play a more melee tough version of a thief. I figured getting 2 points in daggers and 2 into single weapon style would be well worth the one level I sacraficed to the fighter class. I would also get the minute long enrage spell to make me tougher after the initial strike.

So I leveled again and got my dagger points and single weapon style points reactivated.

Well I leveled two more times (I think...) and was given another weapon point to spend. Low and behold I was able to put a thurd point into daggers!

I was under the impression that once you dualed away from fighters you could no longer advance like fighters do.

So will I be able to go all the way up to 5 points in daggers? If so, whats the point of going to level 9 with a fighter before dualing?

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2016
    Once you surpass your original class's level you can put pips into the same weapons as you had before (you can also put those pips in BEFORE you surpass the original class's level - but you probably don't want to do that since it'll cause it to revert to the current class's pip amount and the one's from the first class will be wasted/forgotten.

The reason people tend to go to fighter 7-9 or 13 is for a few different reasons:
    1. More pips faster thanks to fighter getting more pips in general.
    2. More attacks per round (fighter type classes attack more often).
    3. Higher HP rolls - warrior classes roll the biggest dice for HP rolls.
    4. Higher THACO bonus (warrior classes get the best THACO progression table).

If you use your pips right you could *eventually* get to 5 pips in daggers - dual classed fighters (even 1 level of fighter) can eventually attain grand mastery. It just might take a while since thief doesn't get pips all that often.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    If you're doing it purely for the pips, you should probably continue fighter to 3 at least. It's one more level, but at level 3 you can place your third pip, and then at thief levels 4 and 8, right when you got your fighter pips back, you can place your fourth and fifth pip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I wasn't aware of that, but that does make sense.