Skip to content

BWS and spell revisions V3

EvernexEvernex Member Posts: 5
Hey all, I'm doing a new big world install and the new BWS is incredibly nice. I have done a few big world installs in the past using the bigworldinstall.bat, but this new method is pretty slick. I am curious though, while customizing my list of mods there seems to only be the spell revisions v4 available for use. I tried to explore the features of BWS and didn't see any option of downgrading to Spell Revisions V3. While certainly V4 makes some some good changes, I liked the feel of V3. V4 seems to still be in development and plus I do recall having some good times fighting against the AI with spell immunities and having it be quite strategic (both in my use of it as well as the AI's). V4 gets rid of spell immunity from what I read and could see in game. Is there any way to do a BWS install and use V3 instead of 4? Thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EvernexEvernex Member Posts: 5
    Gotcha, didn't realize that. Thx subtledoctor.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2016
    @Evernex can you try to explain me the "feel of V3" you mentioned? Is that feel ruined just because V4 isn't finished yet or did some of my changes affected it?

P.S V4 doesn't truly get rid of Spell Immunity. Instead of having this overpowerful spell covering every possible defense role we "limit it to SI:Abj" and let other spells fulfill their intended roles:
    - Non-detection has been tweaked to better perform as a SI:Div
    - ProEnergy (and to a lesser extend ProElements) acts as a SI:Evo + SI:Conj
    - True Seeing makes you immune to offensive Illusion spells
    - Mind Blank is an even more powerful SI:Enchantment
    The only problem was SI:Abj (which btw never worked as intended in vanilla), we are still trying various ways to keep something similar available. PnP never had something like that thus we are taking some liberty there.
    Post edited by Demivrgvs on